Is everything I need in my truck so the Pesticide police don't haul me off to jail?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by aaronmg, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

ADDENDUM:

1) State issued Pesticide Applicator Card
    2) Copy of Applicator Business License
    3) PPE: long pants & sleeves, protective footwear, impervious gloves. (carry an extra pair.)
    4) NO LEAKS! In vehicle or equipment!!!
    5) "CAUTION" flags..."pest app. keep off 'til dry"
    6) proper paperwork and "leave behinds" for customers.

2. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

I know everybody says blackburn flag for the pest signs but i found a company that I got a 1000 signs for 160$.. There not the good plastic corrugated signs I know but they were the cheapest printed signs I could find where I only put the date on them. dynamicmarketing.com Has anyone used them before?

3. aaronmg

The good thing about living out in the most rural part of maryland is that the inspectors call days in advance to make sure your gonna be home when they come to visit.. It would be a wasted day if they couldn't chase us down up here. The paperwork could be an issue... I'm planning on just using a cellphone and a notebook if I don't get service at a particular property...

4. Trees Too

Top 4 reasons for a State "Cease & Desist" Order:

1) Business not having a State Pesticide License. :nono:
    2) Applicator not having proper Pesticide Certification/Registration. :nono:
    3) Not having proper/complete PPE. :nono:
    4) Not having a Spill Kit in vehicle. :nono:

For truck equipment and paperwork, check with DOT. :waving:

5. aaronmg

Employee Name:

Stanton, Aaron Neal

LIC. # 30935 CERT. # 75939

I'm not giving the address but it was issued on 01/07/14 good until 06/30/14

Professional Fertilizer Applicator # PFA0704 Expires 06/30/14

It's all on the Md Dept of Ag Website for everyone's viewing pleasure.

6. Trees Too

Easiest route to go with this one, is one of those portable, (folding handle), camping/army surplus shovels.

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

how about a fill sheet for whats in your tanks. I also carry MSDS sheets as well for each product i'm using.

8. aaronmg

I'm thinking the msds is not necessary in maryland in the truck. At my previous job we hauled acetylene and oxygen when we ran out for the torches. We would let the most scared guy take it ....

9. Trees Too

Check with your State's Ag Dept and DOT. As you may very well be required to carry MSDS, AND product's labels on board. As well as carrying a daily DOT Shipping Document listing all the pesticides and fertilizers that you have on the truck for that given day.

10. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm right there with ya man I've got all my stuff hung in "the office."