Is everything I need in my truck so the Pesticide police don't haul me off to jail?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by aaronmg, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

Good to keep a blank "Spill Report" form on-board in case you have a spill. I believe that the "Reportable" quantity of a spill is a minimum of 5 gal.

A lot of the info discussed here varies from state to state. You need to contact you own state's Department of Agriculture to verify the correct information.

2. Trees Too

To that end, you also need to include an Eye-Wash bottle (maybe 2) as well.
    Also a tube of waterless hand cleaner, (or "Go-Jo" wipes).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  3. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

All good answers and suggestions!! I just want to make sure if I would ever have a situation where I was inspected, I could pass with flying colors. I'm not so worried about the DOT there just worried about the weight of the vehicle and fire extinguishers etc.. I'm not so sure in Maryland, if they pull you over, they can't enforce any rules of the Dept of Ag because they aren't trained for pesticide regs. I'm talking about the DOT in this situation.

4. aaronmg

As I stated earlier in this thread, I am required by the state of MD to have a label on my person or in truck of all all pesticides being in the tank or being thrown by the spreader. Nowhere in my studies or training does the state of Maryland require a written invoice for any customer. Remember, the state of Maryland is a bunch of tree huggers and the less paper the better. Tablets and cell phone records should be fine...

5. aaronmg

Trees Too,
    You accuse me of not having the proper certification. I'm going to guess that your the typical "right of way" asphlund guy and in your spare time on the weekends you think your certified to spray trees and yards.. If I'm wrong please tell me but I shown mine now you show yours!!!

Aaron

6. Trees Too

For the record, I NEVER accused you (nor even implied) that you do not have the proper certification. I simply listed the top 4 commercial pesticide applicator violations (per Internet), simply as a "Public Service Announcement" for all those that read this thread.

Due to all the concerns this day and age with privacy, security and identity theft, I won't go into details about my personal Certification credentials. But I will disclose that I am a COMMERCIAL PESTICIDE APPLICATOR [since 1992] Certified in the following Categories.

(3A) Turfgrass
    (3B) Ornamental
    (6) Right-of-way
    (7A) General Pest Mgmt.
    (7F) Mosquito
    (7D) Vertebrate

I just took an passed my re-cert exams, so I'm good thru 2016!

;)

7. aaronmg

What state do you retake an exam and be good thru 2016? Only pesticide license good for 2 years around here is a private commercial operation. Private meaning not for hire... Are you a farmer and your giving advice on here about proper licensing?

8. aaronmg

Yeah I talked to the head of md state chemist and not only do we need the numbers put on both front fenders but, and here is where I'm worried is that I have to get recertified for fertilizer by june 30 even though I took the test jan 6 at the Maryland Turf Conference. I haven't even got my fertilizer business license back yet from 2 months ago...

Aaron

9. Trees Too

Michigan. All Certifications are good for 3 years. I work for a local lawn, tree, pest company.

www.michigan.gov/mdard

10. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

That timing is absurd.