Is Exmark Finished

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lahanko, Aug 6, 2002.

1. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

I heard today that Exmark might be done in 18 months.
    Is this true, is Toro closing the doors on you guys?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

lahanko:

:blob2: NOT A CHANCE! :blob2: These ludicrous rumors are usually started by individuals outside of Exmark (obviously) and Toro Corporate. The intentions of these individuals are to scare the customer into purchasing their product. If you feel confident about the product you are trying to sell, you shouldn't have to resort to these types of scare tactics.

Since Toro purchased Exmark in 1997, individuals in the field have always heard of rumors that Toro would do away with Exmark and the two would simply become one. For the last five years, we have continued to prove these individuals wrong. Exmark has built quality commercial equipment for the past 20 years, and I feel confident that we will continue to build and retail our product for many years to come.

LS.com members, let's put this nonsense behind us. You all know the truth behind the Exmark/Toro relationship. Just ignore any comments like the one Lahanko heard and concentrate on the product.

Thanks,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. lahanko

lahanko LawnSite Member
    from NY

Yea, I told the guy Exmark probably sells 3 times more ZTR’s than Toro and it would more than likely go the other way, no more Toro ZTR's.
    Although I own a 2002 Toro ZTR 150 and I am very happy with it. The support I have gotten form Exmark, in regards to the carburetor problem on the 20 hp Kohler engine, is by far superior.
    As stated above this Exmark support came from a distant dealer (phone number gotten off of the Internet). I have never bought a thing from this dealer and he helped me out any way. Thumbs up to Exmark, (my opinion).
    I have to tell ya I am all about support, I like it.