1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is Exmark Turf Tracer better than Exmark Metro HP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pizpoppa, Nov 19, 2000.

1. Pizpoppa

Pizpoppa LawnSite Member

I am thinking about purchasing another walk-behind mower, 48 or 52, and I want to buy an Exmark. I am debating between a Exmark Turf Tracer and Exmark Metro HP. Any opinions or suggestions?
  2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I own 2 exmark w/b's. Both are hydro's. I have owned 1 belt drive. Never again! One word>>> Hydro!!!
  3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

what problems did you have with belt drive?
  4. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

I think anyone who has used both hydro's and belt drives would agree that there is no comparison. The difference is ease of use, no slipping on hills up or down, much less effort overall and most of all just more efficient and productive. Even if you don't think you can afford the extra expense it will pay off very quickly. Trust me.
  5. TJLC

No serious problems they are to me just not as smooth to operate as a hydro machine. My hydro's are instant fwd to reverse. No belts to slip or adjust. Just my opinion of course.
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have always used belt drive walkbehinds. I just can not justify the extra 1500 bucks for a hydro (yes i have used them). The only way i would consider i new hydro was if i cut many very steep hills or if i lived in a rainy city like seatle. I done just fine with my belt drives evn in the rain as long as its not pouring... if its pouring you shouldnt be cutting anyway! If you can find a good deal on a demo or slightly used hydo it would also be worth it.
  7. TJLC

I think Nathan said it better than me.
  8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

No question....Hydro all the way