Is getting a backpack blower worth it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TROTTMAN, Jun 12, 2004.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

I am just using an old Echo PB210 blower right now, a handheld version.

I am wondering how much more powerful a backpack is. Mine feels weaker than ever too, it takes me way too long to get done with my lawns because of it. However, I don't know if I can justify the cost by the end of the summer. It may allow me to get a few more lawns done each week possibly, then by the end of the summer it would be.

Does Husqvarna have a deal right now that if you buy a mower you get $50 off a trimmer or blower? I thought I saw that, but now I can't find it. I just bought a walk-behind from them too, so hopefully they do.

What kind of mph and cfm ratings to I need to get close to. I know I want something 40 or more ccs so that it blows really hard. I want to be able to get the blowing done in a few minutes total. Its taking me at least 5 minutes right now.

What brands and models are the best for the money and are powerful? Thanks.
  2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

most definitely worth getting a bp. i am really happy with my redmax eb7001. you'll get people say it or the echo pb-650 or 750. i think the echo is a little bulkier and not quite as strong personally. i paid 449+tax for my redmax. go to your dealer and ask to take one out to the parking lot to demo it.
  3. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl BR420C
    Red Max EB7001
    Red Max EB 8000 (late july?)
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

echo 650/750 or redmax 7001 all the way. forget the stihl.
  5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Yes, forget the stihl. I talked with my new dealer, and he said the new Redmax was at their shop the other day when the RedMax salesguy came by. He said it is a pretty good machine, but it's not incredible. Just powerful, RedMax is still testing stuff.
  6. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

Why forget the Stihl? I like mine. I just don't like having to go through a local dealer to buy parts.

7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

The 420 magnum is very underpowered compared the the echo 650/750 and redmax 7001 my friend.
  8. backpacks are diffently worth the cost ...power to blows leaves twigs embedded in bushes and in beds..power to blow grass off sidewalks and drives in wet conditions..

right now the two to consider bis echo 650/750 or redmax 7001......sthil next year will be in the running again when they bring out a 4 mix blower.when they get the 4 mix out the power numbers are awsome...but who the hell can wait another year lol.
  9. liltex

liltex LawnSite Member

why noy shin eb630?
  10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a RedmaX eb7000 and a stihl br400, redmaX its just like it says

Just Awesome!!!!!!!!