is gravely the new exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimslawncareservice, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

It seems that gravely is getting more and more popular lately.could they replace exmark as a popular mower? And go to mower for large companies?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

35 years ago when my dad and I worked part time for a huge landscaper and all the guy owned was Gravelys. My dad still has 2 of those and there still running strong. I should add that the tractors have only been used on the farm for the last 30 years.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Since a new dealer went up almost walking distance from my house I'm inclined to agree.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Great product with great customer service and fleet pricing=watch out exmark and scag!

Some of the largest landscape companies in the US already are using Gravely. Yellowstone Group and Austin Outdoors. Gravely is already top seller in the southeast.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I would say it seems like a lot of people are have ALOT of good experiences with Gravely. I know GMLC loves his 400. I was looking at a Exmark Vantage and was pretty set on it but after seeing how GMLC has had such a good experience with the Pro Stance it self and the company, Gravley is now one of the top mower companies to consider.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I hope so. I am not a fan of Exmark like most guys around my area are. I think Gravely makes a better machine that cuts as good dry, and better wet than Exmark. I'd like to see a lot more dealers around me start to carry them. that way, when I do buy one, I won't have to drive so far, or through so much traffic to get to them.

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I demoed a 260 several years back. I thought it was ok. Didn't like the forks. Never heard much of the company. I thought they were destined to be eliminated. Boy, have they redeemed themselves
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought 2 this year on advice from another LCO. They are less expensive than Scags and Exmarks and I own a few of those. I'll be adding 2 more Gravelys over the winter when there are some deals to be had.

9. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

I would buy a Gravely over an Exmark, we only have once Gravely dealer in canton though. I think Gravely's new products are really well thought out and they are the only company i have seen on LS to really provide true excellent customer service. Top notch, i'm glad for them, they deserve it.

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Like the Easter bunny and Santa Clause, I know they are real, but I've never seen one.

:)