is gravely the new exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimslawncareservice, Oct 9, 2012.

1. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

I really think Gravely is trying to be the best. Great product with great service and fair prices. Like GMLC said they are already taking over down here in the southeast. No one is buying the new Exmarks. Exmark used to be all anyone would have here. I see more Gravely's and Kubota's than anything else these days. I love my two Gravely's and when they are spent I will probably buy two more. I have been trying to tell you guys that Gravely builds a great mower for almost two years now. Glad to see you guys are finally coming around ;)

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Just have to learn to crawl, walk then run. If you try to walk or run first, you'll end up face first on the dirt or pavement. Keep a positive attitude as well. Do all that and what they are doing now, they will be on top for a long time.

In another thread, I said a couple brands are dying and others are filling in. Looks like its slowly happening.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

no cause exmark is still the #1 selling mower world wide.. not that gravely isnt a bad mower by any means

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

So far. Give it a couple years
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i've got my sights set on getting a gravely walkbehind to start next season with. there is a gravely dealer near my house and they have been very nice when i've been in there a few times... the 2 exmark dealers near me have been horrible to deal with in anyway and i'd hate to give those people my money.. overall, i've been hearing good things about gravely mowers, and would like easier to adjust cutting height like i've heard.

6. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

Not saying anything about Gravely but I've got to call you on that one. To my knowledge Exmark is not exported beyond Canada. I've never seen them in Europe at any of the shows I've attended.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've never seen any proof that they're the number 1 seller anywhere. I'd be willing to be that their parent company sells more mowers.

8. hammmerhead

hammmerhead LawnSite Senior Member
    from ozarks

Exmark was really big here about 10 years ago. All I see is JD, Gravely and Kubota now. My Exmark dealer here also sells Hustler. Needless to say he has quite a few crates that have been sitting since spring.

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

One other thing that Gravely is doing that is unique is selling direct to the dealers. No middle man means savings for us.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Let's hear some stander prices from you guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device