1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is Honda GX25 engine made in Thailand or Japan?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yungman, Apr 4, 2008.

1. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Anyone know whether the Honda GX25 engine used in trimmers, Mantis, Husqvarna 324 etc. Made in Thailand or Japan. I have search photos and it show both!!!

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Both of my GX25's made in Thailand. :rolleyes:

Will these burst into flames vs. the Japanesse made ones? :laugh:

3. yungman

from Calif.

Hi Exact Rototilling
    It's good to know. We are on the other post talking about Costco Honda trimmer. I think it make not difference. Use to be we complain our stuff was made in Japan, turn out they are better. All computer stuff are make in Thailand etc. Nobody complain about Honda engine. Only the finishing of my Japan made GX31 is shinnier.

BTW I recieve the Mantis, the tines looks good, but I think there might be some defect on the Honda engine casting, Mantis is going to exchange to another one. So for now, I am not going to use this one, don't want to dirty this one up just in case they determine that the engine is OK, they can still sell it as new. I just don't want something look like that. Mantis is very good at exchanging. Only one thing, I found out Alamia sell the same tiller for less, the whole thing is about $60 less:cry::cry::cry:

I am not going to return mine and get it from Alamia, that won't be too nice. It is my fault not check the price hard enough.:waving:
  4. yungman

from Calif.

Any other input?:waving: