1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is Husqavarna a good mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by island_rob, May 29, 2006.

1. island_rob

island_rob LawnSite Member

Does Husqvarna make a good wb? I was looking at one with nice controls and kawasaki 13hp for 2399. new. Thanks for help:hammerhead:
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to lawnsite!!!! You will find that some people on here like them and others don't. I have never tried one so I can't really help ya. Husky does make good equipment though. Do a search on HUSKY and I'm sure you will find the answer your looking for.:waving:
  3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

HUSKY and Husqvarna are two different brands., but the commercial husqvarna mowers are said to be very good.
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

do a search of the member Envy and Husqvarna an see what you find.
  5. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

Husky does make good equipment. I have a ZTR and really like it. I have used a Husqvarna WB and it was different since the only WB I have ever used has been SCAG. I used a floating deck Husqvarna WB. It cut good and the deck height adjustment was easy,because it was similar to their ZTR adjustment. The controls were like the ECS on a Ex-mark. The unit I tested didn't have a hydro drive on which I didn't like it, but it did good it was comparable to a belt drive system. It was built real well and hung on the hills that I take my hydro WB on. Look at one and take one and demo it. Husqvarna some people like it some don't.You decide for yourself.
  6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

The one complaint about Husqvarna mowers I've heard is that their long snout gives them a larger footprint in your trailer and might present maneuverability issues. Not a big deal to a lot of operators, but something to consider.
  7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, they did land the TruGreen Landcare account, didn't they? Even if they had to make huge concessions or price cuts, the biggest in the biz "ain't gonna' buy no junk".
  8. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

ztr i had was junk
  9. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I have two Husqvarna walk-behinds. I bought them both last year and have been using them since. I have 80 weekly mowing accounts and I have had no problems with them at all. In fact, I really like them alot. I used to use Toro Prolines but decided to switch. The two husky's I have are a 36 inch and 48 inch both are hydro's. They move quick and handle easy. The only suggestion that I can say to you is to make sure you get the ETS handling system. That is Easy Touch System. My 48 inch mower has the ETS system and it is very easy and very comfortable to use. My 36 inch however has the pistol grip. Not easy to use and bothers your hands after a while of using. Other then that great machines. I use all Husqvarna equipment, weedwackers, backpack blowers, and hedge trimmers. Like them all.
  10. island_rob

island_rob LawnSite Member

Thanks for all your help guys, It is a big investment for me. thanks for input