1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

IS Husqravana make good commercial Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid14, Jun 20, 2009.

1. lawnkid14

lawnkid14 LawnSite Member

hey i was just wondering how husqravana walk behind mowers really stand up against like scag, toro, gravley and exmark walk behinds. Sorry for spelling
  2. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

not ran any or looked at them , but can say from my 8 years experience doing this and reading here the general opinion is kawasaki makes a great motor . so if they run kawasakis its a great start
  3. EGL

EGL LawnSite Member

they are good for the money
  4. EGL

EGL LawnSite Member

not built like exmark but if it light commercial work you should be okay but if you are going to run all day get a exmark or scag commercial mower
  5. birdman0494

birdman0494 LawnSite Member

theyre hand helds are exceptional, saw some of the commercials look pretty sturdy but when i saw a scag it looked built like a tank
  6. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

They're handhelds are good enough that I wouldn't be scared to give their mowers a try. I never see commercial guys around here run them, but we just recently picked up a good dealer for husky stuff.
  7. birdman0494

birdman0494 LawnSite Member

Speaking of that the stihl dealer here is very stuck up, but my trail saw and motor dealer are very friendly
  8. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

I have ran Husky 32 and 48 for over 8 years now .Never had problems other than normal wear and tear
  9. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I have a husqvarna trimmer way better then my echo stuff. A friend of mine has a ztr made by Husqvarna its way better then my lesco.
  10. B.K.'S Lawn Service

B.K.'S Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Last year we purchaced a Husqvarna ZTR, 52 inch deck with a 23hp vanguard motor and triple bagger. Honestly, I would definetley reccomend that you do not buy their ZTR's. We have had so many problems including belts, loss of hydro steering, clogging constantly when wet, and overall design of the mower. Also, the tunnel ram deck that they advertise is so good sucks when the grass is wet. All the grass does is get stuck there. Finally, the warranty that they say is the best in the business because it is five years is a lie. It may be five years but we have yet to have a repair done that was even partially covered under warranty. Overall, I am not impressed with Husqvarnas linr of ZTR's at all and I would not reccommend getting one. For the 2010 season we will be replacing it with a walker.:cool2: