Is Hustler going to a 4 year warranty?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by 026TB4U, Jan 14, 2005.

1. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

I thought I posted this already but it didn't show up.

I spoke to a Hustler dealer today and he said he heard that Hustler may be going to a 4 year warranty. He was confirming with his rep today.

Is this true?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You did post it.
    All posts in this forum are put into a "holding tank", I release them and answer them as soon as I can.
    Yes we did go to a 4 year warranty on 44 and 52 inch FasTraks for residential use, also went to a 1 year or 400 hour warranty for commercial use on those same mowers.
    We went to a 3 year residential use warranty on the Mini FasTrak 36 and 42 inch models.
    Our standard commercial warranty is 2 years bumper to bumper, on our commercial products and lifetime against hydraulic leaks from hoses and fittings, 3 year spindle warranty also.
    Of course all of our products come with a lifetime frame and leading edge of deck warranty.

Hope this helps

Pj

3. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

I'm sorry about the double post. I didn't realize it was moderated until after the second post. :blush:

So is the 4 year warranty a bumper to bumper parts and labor warranty?

Thanks again.

4. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Also have another question.

Does this 4 year warranty apply to only 2005's? My dealer has a new 2004 and would like to know if this mower qualifies.

Thanks one more time.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The warranty is 4 years parts and labor.
    And I should of put this in my original post, this new warranty started Jan 1st, 2005, and is on any 44 or 52 inch FasTrak purchased Jan 1st and after.
    This would include the units your dealer had in stock before Jan 1st, as long as you bought it or you are going to buy it after Jan 1st 2005 you are all set.

Pj

6. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Wow, that great.

While we're on the subject, I'm also looking at a used 2003 fastrak 18hp/44" with < 100 hours purchased in early 2003. Since warranties change, can you tell me what the warranty is for this unit and what's needed to transfer any remaining warranty, if any, into my name.

Thanks again.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The original warranty was 2 years on that unit, with a lifetime on the leading edge of the deck, and a 3 year warranty on spindles.
    E-mail me your info, name, address, model and serial # and original owners info (if you have it), and I will pass it on to the department that considers warranty transfers.

Pj

8. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Is the warranty transferable or is it on a case by case basis?

I'll try to get the info and e-mail it to you.

Thanks.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is done on a case by case basis.

Pj