1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

is hydroseeding profitable

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rmartin, Aug 5, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

I have an opportunity to purchase some real good yet smaller sized hydroseeding equipment. Is this a profitable business. What is the cost of material v.s the potential of money to be made??????? Here is a picture of the hydroseeder that I may buy.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know people that charge anywhere from 6 cents to 50 cents per sq ft.

I would believe that it is. The hardest part though would be the prep work I feel
  3. Joe Green Grounds Maint.

Joe Green Grounds Maint. LawnSite Member

Hydro seeding can be very profitable if priced right. Consider all of your overhead, product, drive time, labor, inconvience (obsticles, location, fill time, etc) and divide that over the total SF, then ad your desired profit. We have had upwards of 45% profit on some of our Hydo seed jobs. Remember that each site is different and that a set price such as .09 cents per SF is not always accurate. Always have a base price just to show up, this way a small 2000sf job billed at .09 cents/SF won't be just $180.