1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is it a good deal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdran5, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Hi Folks, my name is Rich, I have beem doing lawns (5) for the last 3 years I have been turning down new customers because I am in the Navy and don't have time, but I will be retiring in about 2 and a half years, I am considering lawn/landscape full time, I currently have a commercial 21 push snapper stihl blower stihl trimmer 3 chainsaws 10 x 6 tilt trailer and an mtd 17.5 lawn tractor,anyway my question is: I found an 03 toro 100 series z master 44 inch with the dfs bagging system 20 hp kohler, 69 hrs total use. I got him down to 5,500.00 is this a good deal and should I jump on it, he said the bagging system alone was 1700.00. You guys please let me know if I should buy it or not.
    Thanks Rich, Newport News Virginia
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a decent buy but I have no idea what a new one costs. My question to you is.. Do you really need it? Can you afford to drop $5500 and make it pay off anytime soon? Maybe you can find a nice used walkbehind for $1000 instead?
  3. Some others have said the same thing, thanks you for your time and advice.