Is it August aready

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RLC, Jun 27, 2001.

1. RLC

RLC LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Not much grass to mow this week. We need rain and lots of it here in NE Ohio. This is what happens I buy a new truck and the grass quits growing . Maybe next week I can mow . I have a landscape project to do this week to keep me out of trouble ( I think) LOL

2. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

RLC I hope ya get some of that liquid sunshine. Here in Bama we have been getting those late afternoon thunderstorms. I have not watered my lawn in 3 weeks. I hope this pattern continues. The temp out here has been pretty warm, but the humidity is thick.

Take care and pray for rain!

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

It's getting dry here around Chicago also. Last year it was raining a lot in June. No rain in site til Saturday night and that's a Maybe. :(

4. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

My sprinkler has been on here. It is drying big time and temps are warm. Hopefully next week will give us a little moisture.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's big time DRY here, we haven't had a good soaking rain for 2+
    weeks & we are now -5.5" for the year. Sure hope we get some soon or
    I'll have a lot of skips next week. RLC were in NE Ohio are you?

ED

6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Dry here also in west MI, Next week will be very easy if we don't get any.

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good time to sell some irrigation installs to your better customers RLC.

8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Mother Nature...not always kind to this industry. Maybe now is a good time to take a walk around all of your client's properties with a pen and tablet. I think you would be surprised with all of the little things that need done. It's a great way to keep the cash flowing, and they would be glad to know you care enough to point out things that need done. Don't let that new truck sit...Good Luck.

Sean Adams
    www.lawncaresuccess.com

9. LiVe2

LiVe2 LawnSite Member

I allmost wish it would stop raining here in fla. We have a tropical storm that will hit us on Thursday and then on Saturday another one will move in. I guess its feast or famine

10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

liVe2, you said it. It's either dry as a bone here, or pounding rains. I have to say though, I would rather see it wet than dry.