1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is It Commercial Or Residential ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Mar 30, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

I do a multi plex with i dem as commercial residantial . because it is commercialy available as a residence . someones own home to me is residential and a gas station is commercial . the reason i ask is because i start this multi plex at 7:30 am .is that to early ? what do yall think ?
  2. befnme

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Houses/duplex, ect are just plain old residential, whether rented out or lived in by the owner. I bet many folks on here do homes that the person the LCO is cutting for is actually renting/leasing it and they (the LCO) doesn't even know that.

It really is pretty much an industry standard that single family places of abode (houses, duplexes, triplexes, etc) regardless of ownership are residential accts. The exception of course is multiple (many) multi-family unit large apartment complexes which are commercial. The most common commercial accts are of course those places/businesses open to the public and/or to conduct business. There really is no such thing as "residential commercial".
  4. befnme