Is it easy to get H2B people if you only need 1-2

Discussion in 'Marcus Drake Consultants' started by DGM, Aug 27, 2007.

1. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I was talking to someone in your office a few months ago and they told me that there was a $500 per person to start the application process.

My question is that if I only need 1-2 people would my process stop at the DOL and I lose my $1000 (if I need 2 people). Because what I was thinking was I'm sure there are 1-2 people that would start this job but then quit after 1 day in the 100+degree weather. Because as I understand to start this process I pay then you write the ad for me that the DOL will use. But what if they get 1 or 2 people (but they probably quit the next day or a couple of days) and the DOL does not approve the next step, then I would be out of $1000 dollars and still have no employee when they quit.

Please help me understand if this is right or not, because I really need some dependable employee or 2 and now is the time to get the H2b process going but I do not want to waste any money.

Thanks!

2. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

:confused: Hmm well I guess so :sleeping:

3. Marcus Drake Consultants

Marcus Drake Consultants LawnSite Member

It requires the same work for us to process one or 500 people. Our scale is posted , if you take 10 or more it is only $100 per person. If you application is rejected you do not have to pay our processing fee. The people we send you will not leave due to working in hot weather. Please call us if you want to dicuss this further.

4. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you request English speaking employees?

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The process if very very complicated and your cost will be several thousand dollars in the end....we use a law firm to process some of the paper work but each year it get more complicated. We brought back two guys from last year and one new guy and all of these guys are workers, some have considerable education. One with education just ended up buying a car to take back this year. Two of the guys went to free english school and now one speaks good english and the other understands 20%....the third guy none.