is it finally here?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Oct 21, 2013.

1. today-wed is going to be high 80s and humid then Thursday onward low 80s....is winter finally coming? i have no issues with low 80s at least until mid Nov....then i want that COLD!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya I hear you! I decided to take the week off. I got all my clients done last week and with the temps being in the high 80's to about 90 and no rain for 2 weeks now, and yesterday I had a heat index of 102, everything is not growing much. I'm sure there will be people out this week playing "chief scalp-em " to the lawns , but I'm leaving all mine alone to keep them green as long as possible. Even with the irrigated lawns, the growth is slow. I have a few shrub trimming to do but I'm waiting for the end of the week for the cooler weather, Its been brutal this year doing shrubs in the heat.

3. yea things are def slowing down. A Seville lawn i did today had about half its normal growth as did 2 Floratam lawns i do on Wednesday. i skipped a palmetto lawn last week that gets too much foot traffic...i really want the plants to slow down...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

It was low 40s thismorning. Got up to 60

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Will skip my non-irrigated clients (6) this week.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

What part of Florida is Herndon, Virginia in? :D
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Clippers PLS

Sorry I'm on my phone...guessing this is in the florida sectiom

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

No problem. I think you just like rubbing nice weather in our faces ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Clippers PLS

Its not nice unless there is snow on the ground. Only time cold weather is nice

10. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Why is it that lco's cut grass shorter this time of year.I still cut 4 inch or above on st.Aug. I think they do it so it is not as long when they cut on bi-weekly schedule. I see a ton of guys cutting it so short.
    Posted via Mobile Device