1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is it getting dry in your area?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLyons0025, Jul 22, 2008.

1. JLyons0025

JLyons0025 LawnSite Member

I live in central KY and we really need some rain, all mowing is really slowing down. How is it where you are from?
  2. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

dry, i've been cutting bi weekly
  3. JLyons0025

JLyons0025 LawnSite Member

I have been on a 10 day schedule but now will move to a bi weekly schedule until we get some rain fall.
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Hot and no rain for over 1 week getting dry grass is dying
  5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Only lawns I'm cutting every week are irrigated fescue or zoysia. everything else is getting a little bit crispy.
  6. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

same here, solid 100s temps all week and 104 this saturday. No rain in site. Yards are bi weekly, turning brown and crispy.
  7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ya all I see in my wallet is brown no GREEN!
  8. mowerman87

mowerman87 LawnSite Member

extremely dry here in texas, and damn hot. makes me want to go work somewhere that has some semblance of seasons. Im thinking oregon, any lawn guys from portland out there?
  9. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

Dry. Only cutting yards every 2-3 weeks. Some only need it every 4 weeks. Season went from too wet to too dry for me.
  10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We got around a 1/2" of rain last night. Just gets too dry between rains. We need a good ol tropical storm to blow in. Just like last year, they are going to Texas/Mexico or Northeast, out to sea. I think there would be a drought every year without the tropical stuff