1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is it just me or....

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NC_Irrigator, Feb 1, 2007.

1. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Have i been lucky (KNOCK ON WOOD) that i havent hit any lines or utilities. while boring under, roads, drives, sidewalks. To me this is the worst kind of break.

I always call ULOCO. are here theyre called http://www.ncocc.org

One close call a long while back, i was JETTING (back in the day lol) under a 8' wide side walk, i hit something near the end of the bore so i started hand digging the other side to finish and it was the main electric to the house!!! not even 8" under the grade.

I remember hearing recently some cable co. bored though a 24" water main while boring under a roadway here in wilson. Although they were using a vermeer navigator pull fiber.
  2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Beginning in April all you'll need to do is call 811. That's when the locating companies in the U. S. are supposed to switch over.
  3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

cool i'll be looking forward to that
  4. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Oh man, I hope you didn't just jinx yourself! Some people are very superstitious when it comes to talking about "good" luck. Be careful.....Be very careful!
  5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Today I nearly plowed through a 3" pressured septic line and its wiring conduit.

Saw the tank riser lid while I was lining up the plow and though I'd check inside to see the depth of the feed line.

Really Really glad I did.

Pressurized poo always ruins my day.