is it just me...?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wowmowwow, Feb 12, 2007.

1. wowmowwow

wowmowwow LawnSite Member

going full time this year mowing. been pt solo since 2001. i have waited untill the new year to get shirts made, a sign for the trailor painted, and to get geared up for '07. well after a month and a half of this year i feel scared a crap. i found out about my towns chamber of commerce last week and woke up this morning and decided to just go to the meeting. they say its a good way to get my name out there. at any rate this is all new to me and just gives me an uncanny feeling. its like,yesterday i mowed my yard. big deal. but now, can i mow the whole world? i know i cant mow the whole world but my mind is 24-7. am i going crazy
  2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

NOPE! you're just stoked! Stay stoked, and you'll at least set the world on fire! If you lose that stoke, thats when the business starts to go sour, until then, run with it, you'll do fine!
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

What the hell are you talking about?
  4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Dont you love how your going nuts already. All us owners think about the business 24/7. My wife gets pissed when where in the car going on a family day trip and I'm zoning out thinking about the best way to do next weeks jobs or setting the schedule in my head for the next month. Good luck in your adventure and dont take on work just to take on work. No point in breaking even. Make the biggest profits you can on every job and dont do any work for friends or family unless you plan on never seeing or speaking to them again.
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Your all fired up.
    Now if you can control the fire.
    My first year full time I was so fired up that I lost alot of sleep for no reason. It caused some problems with my mental ability and not haveing the rest that my body required. I am sure it took me a lot longer to do many job than it should because of my mental and physical tiredness. My second year when I saw I could make it, I lost all the mental fatigue and was able to sleep and forget about work from 10pm to 6am. I now I try to make time every week that I forget about work period. let the machine pick it up and return calls later and such.
    Don't let the fire burn you out, let it motivate you.
  6. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

I like the stoked reply...stick to that....your just getting psyched up....I think about work all the time...there is 1 foot of snow on the ground and we are getting another 8-13 inches tonight and all i can think about is mowing and landscaping, lol
  7. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

you should be thinking about plowing too!! haha

its "supposed to" snow finally this week...i cant wait to see that powdery stuff! :cool2:
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I love that feeling!!!!
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Did you say? RoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaR! ????
  10. Ford Guy

Ford Guy LawnSite Member

Couldn't agree more with Williams LC, my girlfriend gets mad at me in the car too, i'll notice things like a dead branch up in a tree, and she didn't even notice there was a tree there, or i'll notice a lawn cut too short or with dull blades, she gets sick of hearing it, but i kinda get sick of hearing about her office job too, so i bore her with mine. i also agree not to do work for friends or family, seems like they always expect to get the labour for nothing or for beer. sorry if i wanted a case of beer, i'd buy it myself, not work all day for it