is it legal

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by METRO 36, Oct 26, 2005.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

i run my business in rapidcity sd is it legal to broadcast dry fertaliser like
    scotts etc without a licencse

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

3. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

what would i have to do to get a liceninse
  4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

if you are just applying fert and no pesticide your ok without a license.
  5. jimmdenver

jimmdenver LawnSite Member

If you're looking for a way to really boost your revenue, get your applicator license! Its gonna take alot of studying and a tough test, but you can charge a premium!
  6. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

You had two out of staters - one from Ky and one from Indiana give you two different answers.

Your best bet would be to go to this link and check the local laws in S.D.

7. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Let me use your backyard next year when I come back to Sturgis and I tell you how to get a license:drinkup:
  8. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

I am afraid jerry offered the most help. I had guys telling me I had to get licenses or I couldn't apply fert either. I went to the Missouri ag department who told me I could dispense anything sold at the discount stores (scott's etc.) but if I wanted to purchase and apply restricted herbicides etc, I would have to come in to their office sometime to watch a 3 hour movie and do a fill in test while watching to get my license. It seems it varies a little from state to state.
  9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try that in Ohio.
  10. BigCity

BigCity LawnSite Member

I would agree to check with dept. of ag. In WI it is legal. Not that I like it because people often claim to be professionals, but they have to subcontract or not spray weeds on bids that you lose to them.