is it legal

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by METRO 36, Oct 26, 2005.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

i run my business in rapidcity sd is it legal to broadcast dry fertaliser like
    scotts etc without a licencse

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No.............

3. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

what would i have to do to get a liceninse

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

if you are just applying fert and no pesticide your ok without a license.

5. jimmdenver

jimmdenver LawnSite Member

If you're looking for a way to really boost your revenue, get your applicator license! Its gonna take alot of studying and a tough test, but you can charge a premium!

6. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

You had two out of staters - one from Ky and one from Indiana give you two different answers.

Your best bet would be to go to this link and check the local laws in S.D.

http://www.state.sd.us/doa/das/hp-pest.htm

Jerry

7. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Let me use your backyard next year when I come back to Sturgis and I tell you how to get a license:drinkup:

8. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

I am afraid jerry offered the most help. I had guys telling me I had to get licenses or I couldn't apply fert either. I went to the Missouri ag department who told me I could dispense anything sold at the discount stores (scott's etc.) but if I wanted to purchase and apply restricted herbicides etc, I would have to come in to their office sometime to watch a 3 hour movie and do a fill in test while watching to get my license. It seems it varies a little from state to state.

9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try that in Ohio.

10. BigCity

BigCity LawnSite Member

I would agree to check with dept. of ag. In WI it is legal. Not that I like it because people often claim to be professionals, but they have to subcontract or not spray weeds on bids that you lose to them.