Is it low balling or is it smart?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

You really should do something about that website. It doesn't look like it is owned by a million dollar business. It might just be my browser, but all I get is a page with content all out of tilt, and no links to any other content. I have a good designer if you want his info? He did my site Click Here

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I agree. There are quite a few misspelled words and hard to understand lines. If you change some of the wording around, it would be a lot easier to read.

3. ALarsh

from Midwest

Soupy, I really like your billing log in information. What kind of information did you provide for the designer to design the site? How much did it cost to make that site and how much are your hosting charges? Who hosts it? What do you have to do to enter in past billing information or what the person currently owes?

4. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

Must be the browser, it has multiple pages and links. The site is doing something right, we signed up 190 new accounts off the website in 2004. I think there is a huge misunderstanding about websites, the value is in how easy your site is to find in searches versus how "award" winning the design is!

5. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, some of the wording could be better, but once again it brings in the orders & is very easy to find in searches.

6. Soupy

I use Explorer, all I get is a blue page with your logo (sign) at the top then a big square with some info (which the bottom is cut off) and then two rectangles below that which has nothing but a little red square (missing picture). I wasn't trying to knock your site.

7. Soupy

Justmowit, here is a screen shot of what I get. I use Windows XP and what ever version of Explorer that comes with it. I don't usually have problems opening sites.

I agree with the need for searches, but that has nothing to do with the design. Those are done with megatags etc. My site is just as much for existing customers as for attracting new customers. It is a tool.

8. ALarsh

from Midwest

Soupy - no answer to my questions? :(

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Soupy, not sure if the settings are wrong on your browser, but when I access Justmowit web page, it comes up with no problem, including the links and multiple pages. What you captured just barely resembles what I get by accessing the website.

10. Soupy

Sorry, I overlooked your post. Do me a favor and send me a PM and I will reply. I don't want to hijack this thread anymore.