Is it me? Am I the jerk?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by landdesign1, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn ,,, more important than people... that's the rule of thumb... this is Amerika and it is clear that we hug trees, care for pets, grow grass and people(if you can consider my wife's friends PEOPLE) had better learn how to back out of my driveway...
    I t is impolite, do make an issue out of visitors doing "Y" turns so that they feel "SAFE" getting out onto public roadways... most women don't know how to back up safely...

2. jeffery9076

jeffery9076 LawnSite Member

my guess is put something there to run over, so it can create a bill to give to these butt heads its your property and and your heartache but be prepared to go to court and make sure you abide by the right of way. I have had the neighbors dogs crapping in my yard for years catch and take theme to the spca. I put in over 12 yards of mulch a year or so ago and kept finding grass blown into every time we left and having 22 more yards to go last year hired a helper and put a $2500 dollar fence in to protect it and divide my property off. This is my perrenial plant stock and my tree and hedge mother plants for cuttings. We are installing a security system this year with a recorder. Good luck and best wishes

3. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I certainly understand your frustration here.
    There was a time when I had the lawn everyone dreams of. So I get it.
    But the older I get the more I realize there are fewer and fewer things worth arguing over.
    Friend she's your wife. Its her best friend.
    Just make the area a little more user friendly.
    Ya you can continue b*tching. Heck maybe someday you'll even win that argument.
    Nah, love your wife. Make her happy. Life is to short.

4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Cut in a nice border of mid-size shrubs to wrap the corner-like a dwarf lilac or viburnum, that people can really see from a mirror. You get some visual interest, some bloom time, and you might keep the guests on the road.

5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

This topic would not even "compute" here in the westside of Portland.

Whether to drive on a lawn because of rain would not even be part of the equation.

I don't even walk on some lawns when it's summer, depending on what neighborhood. It's almost a matter of protocol than effect, or access.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

If your yard is large Id just put chert down and landscape around it.

7. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Just fix the issue, the comparison to the burn unit was uncalled for. But live and learn.

8. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Your no jerk, im the same way. I would drop a big rock there and then see how your wifes friends minivan drives off :laugh:

9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Do yourself a favor.

You can either try to do tons of things to solve the problem, but ultimately you see that's it's not one person, so it's human nature to make that turn.

So just use a Turfstone and call it a day.

Problem solved and you can better use your energy somewhere else.

[​IMG]

http://www.paveloc.com/turfstone.html

10. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

I've been trying to get my wife to stop cutting the corner on my own driveway....I'd never waste time trying to get her friends not to do it too. Who cares man, it's just grass. I wish I had simple problems like this to lose sleep over.

that turf stone stuff looks cool. I've never seen that before. Is that a boat ramp? Looks like it might be a tad slippery