1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is it me or are Mulch prices up this year??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by From Dust 'til Lawn, Apr 13, 2010.

1. From Dust 'til Lawn

From Dust 'til Lawn LawnSite Member

I've called or stopped at at least 8 places around me..different counties even and the cheapest buld price I got was 35 per yard...One place was 52 a yard...and there was no discount for Contractors at any of them..I've been considering having some delivered to my property and work off it as needed, but don't really want the piles in my yard....Where do you guys get yours??? is it worth buying from a mill directly??? Thanks.
  2. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

it's worth buying from a mill with those prices! around here our dyed product is 19.99 a yard for LCO's. yikes
  3. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

52 a yard earns you a long slow deliberate finger as i drive by.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

its around $30 in my town. i few towns over is a big place that sells it for a lot cheaper
  5. Crash

Crash LawnSite Member

We get it for $16 and sell it for $36. You have to get it in bulk obviously.
  6. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

There was a place near me that you pull in and they take the loader and fill your pickup bed full, and he charged $30. Black dye mulch too. They shutdown this year though.
  7. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

I use organic recycling on rt 303 in tappan ny usually, but some of their prices are high this year too, the only thing I've been getting from them is bark for $ 25/cy and dark fine mulch for $ 18/cy,we use mainly cedar though for way more then half my accounts, I've been using my nursery for that, they just started selling bulk this season and I get a good deal there since I use them for all plant stock etc
  8. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I can get a bobcat scoop for $20 at my local garden store, I believe it is waaaay overpriced.

Does anyone know how much a bobcat scoop generally is (I'm sure it depends on the scoop size and all) we were able to fit 2 scoops in a small toyota pickup, probably 3 in a medium size truck and so on.
  9. From Dust 'til Lawn

From Dust 'til Lawn LawnSite Member

Most small buckets, I've dealt with are 1/2 yard.......i could be wrong...it's happened once before.....
  10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

depends on the bucket but yes most are 1/2 yard.