Is it me or does anyone else feel this way????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Oct 28, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i think im ready for a couple of months off, seems like im more tired this year than last i quess not taking anytime off last winter has sometin to do with that. def. will take at least 4 or 5 weeks off this year. im spent, still have about 8-10 weeks to go. tony

2. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I always look forward to 4 months of playing video games come winter. I get so burnt out. But we still have the entire leaf season ahead of us.

DOH!

Tom

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, your gettin' old General! ;) That's your body ignoring what the brain still thinks it can demand out of it. My brain is not taking this bit of reality too well, but he'll get over it eventually LOL.

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Gettin' burned out like everyone else....I have about 2-4 weeks maybe less if the weather keeps up like it is now. Haven't been able to pick up any maple tree leaves yet because they still haven't lost them yet, even though lows were around 20 here the other night with two snows already! I think everyone gets that way by the end of the season but by the time the snow has been around for a while, you want to get out there again for another great season.

5. JimB

JimB LawnSite Member

:eek: Im fried also, I just wanna put all the equipment away and cuddle in bed for the next 4 months, every year I take on more work, I get older and totally fried out, no, your not alone !!!

...Jim

6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

One more month to go :blob1: :blob4: I can't wait.

7. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

After 20 years of being in this industry, my body and mind are in agreement. It's vacation time. Just a matter of closing out the season.:sleeping:

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

just got my second wind, the worst is yet to come(leaves). then ill be real happy laying on the couch for 3 months

9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Not Me! I never get sick of this stuff! This tumbleweed is a mowin', rakin', weed pullin' machine! I work out there doing the hard stuff 12 hours per day every day of the year. 'Cept Sundays o'course. And I'm lovin' every second ovit. I come home, have dinner, and then read books on mowin'.

All I watch on TV are landscapin' and mowin' shows on the DIY network and HGTV. Ma foot rest is an old rusty Honda engine. I use my Felco #9 for cuttin' ma steak with. Ma screen saver is a dude mowin' lawns. Ma pillow is a 50 lb. bag o' fertilizer. And I've been known to splash on a little Roundup before a hot date.

I just can't get enough of this stuff! Must be in ma bones, I reckon.

10. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim - you need HELP! I like the roundup idea though I'll have to see if my wife likes that smell more on me than on our driveway.

The ol' Barkleymut (29 years old) is crispy deep fat fried burned out. Started this year in July. More than 10 days of over 100 degrees and 14 out of 30 over 95 degrees here in the Southland will do that too you. Add on that the drought of the century and BAM you got burnout. Then add on 60 to 80 hour work weeks and you've got a lawnboy that the cat dragged home.