1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is it "me" or "I"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by VO Landscape Design, Dec 31, 2007.

1. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

Being new I find myself when having a conversation with someone about my business I say "I" if I know them and "we" if I don't, but in advertising or print I use "we" even thou I am a solo operation. I guess not really a question just an observation.
    VO

2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I, seems to be a little more personal and we, seems to be a little more commercial to me if this makes sense? Not to say one is better or worse than the other.

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

We makes the customer feal as if they are not just counting on you

4. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

when i was solo i said we also . it makes it seem that the whole company is in on the topic. when it is just you..

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I say "we". I only have 1 employee, so I guess "we" would be correct. Even when I was solo I said "we".

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like "we" is better ... so let's go WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE WWWWWWWEEEEEEE !! LOL !!

7. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

Funny, I thought I was the only one that said we - even if it's just me. I have some part timers but even when I was solo, it was always we. I guess I thought it sounded more professional, as opposed to yeah, it's just me.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I think some people say "we", and then some people say "wee" ... wait, they don't really mean to be ignorant !! LOL !!

9. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

the royal WE.

10. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I am solo alos use "we" and "I". When I make a promise or talk about responsibility I use "I". Otherwise, I use "we".