Is it me or is the grass growing way too fast- tough to keep up this spring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, May 21, 2007.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I have been doing this part time for over 15 years and I can't remember a tougher spring. I use an exmark TT60 and weekly cuts are overgrown by the time I go back. It is really cutting into my hourly rate. It is taking much longer to cut. I end up blowing clippings on lawns that I never have and the ones that are thick and lush, you would think I was blowing snow. Anybody else notice the same thing or am I getting old?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Rain, cool temps and some sun*trucewhiteflag* oh you are getting older too:laugh: :waving:

3. D&M Lawn & Snow

D&M Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

I too have noticed a fast growth where I am. I currently have moved my cuts up to six days, and probably could go to five right now. A lot of extra work right now, but come July it will probably balance out. Let's hope not.

4. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Not here. It could rain 24/7 and we'd still be dry. March was the worst in recorded history.

5. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

After last week i said the same thing. This years grass is growing faster then it did last year.

6. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

We're getting dry here. No rain for this week either, so the spring growth is pretty much over (not too sad about that), and it shouldn't be too bad from here on out with moderate moisture going into summer.

7. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

It must be you, cause the grass sure isn't gorwing fast down here in Louisiana.