1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is it me or what???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, May 18, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Ok, I just put my high lifts on Sunday, I have been running gators this spring, but since the grass is getting thicker I thought that I would slap on the high lifts. I have noticed though that it seems as though the grass is clumping more with the high lifts than with the gators.

Anybody else ever notice this or is it just me?
  2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't that what the gators are supposed to do?
  3. tiedeman

from earth

what do you mean?
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I can't seem to get a decent cut no matter what combo we use right now.
    Anything seems to be a trade off.
    Just waiting for slower growth at this point.
  5. tiedeman

from earth

that is what I thought. I was thinking, heck it could be from the growth and how wet everything is, but I wasn't sure. I thought that I would ask you guys to see whether it was just me or what
  6. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same problem. So much rain here its gowing like wildfire, i just spend some extra time at the yard and cut it a little lower then what i usually would and keep it lower for the next month or so its not clumping every week
  7. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I took off my gators yesterday and put the original Dixie blades back on and have seen some improvement . I bent a gator some how but I swear I didn't hit any thing. No nicks in the cutting edge or any signs of abuse. Just a slight wrap really more than a bend.