1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

is it ok for?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mikey, Apr 18, 2002.

1. mikey

mikey LawnSite Member

its been unusally hot here in mass. it been in the low 70's u to low 80's my question is i have a friend who wants me to put down the scotts crabgrass fert. can i still do this in these unusually hot temperatues?its says on the bag that u can put it down between like march and april and it says to put it down while the temperatures are below 80?is it ok to put down under these hot conditions in april?
  2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

I have a question for you mikey? CAN YOU READ?
  3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

yes, but it sounds as though your temps indicate weeds may have already germinated and the product may be less effective at those. it will prevent future weeds for a time, and the fert in it will probably do some good. you are liscensed to put down products in the state of mass. Right? we frown on unlicensed application of any kind around here. Dave
  4. mikey

mikey LawnSite Member

hey paul why don't you relax......no need to be rude dudw were all trying to make $$$......
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Actually Paul's response was justified.
    It gets very tiresome relocating threads that are started in the wrong forums.

You are asking a fertilizing question? Then put in the fertilizing forum! That's why I relocated here.

Everyone wants to make money. But to make money you have to put forth some effort. Beginning with asking your questions in the right forums.
  6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

LOL..I think Paul was saying he answered his own question by reading the label....