Is it ok to cry in front of a customer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMower, Jan 2, 2004.

1. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I was in a silly mood and thought it would be hilarious to ask this question.

I mean, im sure there would never be a reason to to cry in front of a customer. For example if the she told you, that the work was not done to satisfaction, and you break down in tears. Or if they said your mowers and truck look ugly, and you start crying.

For some reason, that scenario would be hilarious to me.

Ok im done.

2. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Lets Say you forget to put your parking break on the truck and for some freaky reason your truck, trailer, and All your equipment just rolls off the cliff and explodes.

And when you get home you fine that your insurance company is no longer in business. I might consider, but other than that nope!

Be a man son(LOL):cry:

3. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

You're gonna have to get a firetruck to come and hose me down if this happens to me. I will have dumped myself in piles of s... (you know what I mean)

:laugh:
    PC

4. snowmizer

snowmizer LawnSite Member

lawn mower,
    you had me in tears reading your thread you posted.would be funny to do though, like some candid camera thing

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, if it helps land you the job, go for it!

Customer, "I'm sorry. I am just so confused. My husband used to handle all the yard care before the cancer got to him....boo...hoo..."

You, "Oh my gosh. My sister died of cancer just last month! Oh, it was terrible...boo...hoo..................group sob........Ok. So back to your landscape!..."

:D

6. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

If my customers said "well so-n-so said they would do it for $30" I would cry laughing! :D:D

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Well i did once, when i told her we were there early because i was going out of town for my moms funeral. but on the lighter side, i also did swear alot at that lawn when i somehow went over the seawall into tampabay. I really dont know how, but at least it was just me, and not the mower.

8. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

No, only girls cry.:cry: :blob1: :blob1:

9. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

10. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

How about if your log spliters motor blows up and you have till friday to split 10 cords of firewood.......and yes I did cry so what!