is it possible to get a used ztr for this price...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Sep 27, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Right now I have a 48" wb belt drive and was wondering about getting a ztr for next year. I don't have the funds to go new so it has to be used. I am would like a 61" with under 1000 hours on it. At least a 22hp kohler or 23 kawasaki. As far as brands I don't have much of a loyality either way. Anything fron exmark to scag to hustler to ferris to bobcat or what ever else. Bottom line i would like to get out with only $3,500 of damage to the wallet and no more than $4,000. Is this possible and what is the best way to try to find a used machine?

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a Hustler Z 52" with 23 kawi and only 48 hours on it for $4500 last year. I bought it from a home owner that used it for one season, then decided to move to a smaller lawn.

You just have to let everyone in town know you are looking.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I know of a 2001 Ferris IS 4000 with 1300 hours on it here in MN that you could get for $5000. I know this because that's what the dealer gave me for it on a trade.

Other than that, I've sold a 3 year old Toro 150, 20 hp / 52" deck with 1200 hours on it for $4,000.

They're out there, just have to find them.

www.machinefinder.com

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

make an offer on this if you want to Drive from NY.
    99 Chariot 25hp, 61" deck More hrs than you want though, I think 1,6?? Hrs

Pictures from disk Chris 571.jpg

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Sure it's possible. I bought a 61" Scag TT with a 22 hp Kawasaki. It had 1380 hours on the mower and 820 hours on the motor. It needed some minor repairs, but I only paid $2200.

6. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

Look for a Country Clipper from shivvers, if you budget is to tight.You might be able to find a deal on a used one, now they arent the best machines but they work great for a low budget machine... just something to think about.

Matt

7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the help. A 2,200 for a scag tt would be an awesome deal. Just gonna have to keep my open.

8. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I know of a 1997 Scag SSZ with ~1700 hours (bought new in 1998). 22hp Kohler, 52" Includes bagger with 5hp briggs pony. Probably could buy for 3750.

Send me a PM if interested and I can get you a pic and details.

9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I managed to but a Toro Z Master 52" 23hp Kohler for $4800.00 It was from a homeowner and only had 51 hours on it and was 2 years old.

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

It is very possible. You will need to check the newspapers, for sale magazines such as the Valley Trader and let every equipment dealer know repeatedly what you are looking for.

Gravely_Man