Is it possible

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thefarmer4, Feb 16, 2001.

1. thefarmer4

thefarmer4 LawnSite Member

We currently have about 25 customers.(residential)
    Our goal for this year is 100. Do you think that its possible to put on 75 custmers by the end of April.

And, What do you think our best marketing approach would be to accomplish this goal.

We have Golf shirts ordered and will be getting tshirts to work in.

We have never done any other marketing just signs on the truck and business cards.

[Edited by thefarmer4 on 02-16-2001 at 09:35 AM]

2. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

My suggestion is to either pass out flyers door to door or do some direct mailing to the neighboorhoods where you want to pick up some business. As for picking up 75 customers, it's possible but it depends on the market conditions in your area such as number of competiors and their quality and pricing, your pricinq and quality and many other things. Just keep banging away with you advertising and jobs will come sooner or later. Good Luck!!

Scott

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

start walking the streets in the areas you want in. Put alot of flyers out. Call your current customers and ask them if they know of anyone who would use your services.

4. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Residential....hmmm 75...if you do let me know, I would however recommend going after a few larger commercial jobs.

5. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I generally get a 5% call back on posting flyers door to door. And probibly get 1% as customers. I'm sure you would get different results in your area though, but they probably won't be that different.

I would suggest putting out as many flyers as you can door to door. And if your local newspaper has a TV guide put out on Sunday, you might want to consider placing an add in that. Lots of people keep those out on their coffee table all week.

Remember, that on average I customer has to hear about your business 20 times before they will buy your service. So you need to keep your name out their constantly, but don't overdue it.

6. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

The commerical job are easyer then the Res. jobs. The are not as hard to please.