is it possible

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

ok guys here is the situation,

i'm going to be bidding on a 40 acer appartment complex, there are 22 buildings and about 6miles of side walk. i know the details aren't great but do you think a 2 or 3 man team can knock it out in 2 10 hour days? if its a 2 man crew i will be running a 60in ztr and then one guy trimming, but if i have 3 guys i will run a 60in ztr, 52in wb and one guy trimming what do you guys think any input is great
    thanks
    alex

yes i know my spelling is bad.

2. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a lot. Remember that 6 miles of sidewalks means 12 miles of trimming and walking 6+ miles with a blower..

Good luck!

3. Mowerboy04

let me clarify it is only 3 miles of side walk but 6 miles of edgeing and 3 miles of blowing. so 6miles to edge both sides sorry for the confusion.

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been out of the bidding end for a while, but that would have to be a $1200-1600 dollar cut, would'nt it???

5. Mowerboy04

yea i would be bidding about 1700 a week

6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

lotta edging.... best trade that push edger in for a tanaka.... :walking:

7. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

i would have guessed around 2000, i think 1700 is great deal, i definately wouldnt do it for less than 1700

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Please don't take this wrong...I am NOT a pessimist. I wish people the best, and I try to help them out the best I can. I am a realist. ...This is out of your league.

9. 8307c4

8307c4 LawnSite Member
    from VA

Yup, it really shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours total.
    A business simply can not afford to deploy all of its resources for a single customer (or job) for 2 whole days.
    As a one time deal it should be fine, but not on a regular basis...
    It's just too much.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

On top of the fact that places don't really want to have their places recognized as a place to live where the paying residents will have power equipment running around their homes 30% of the total time they live there. It would be like coming to live in a construction zone.