1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

...is it safe to ask a question here? I'm confused?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by krupatex, Aug 4, 2009.

1. krupatex

krupatex LawnSite Member

Can a new guy to the industry come here to ask an honest question with out being slammed by "forum cool guys"????? I mean, it is called the "Starting a Lawn Care & Landscaping Business". I don't understand why some veteran "post-a-holics" have such a problem with new guy questions??? Not everyone was born with lawn brain. If you where like me, when you first logged onto Lawnsite, you wore this link out! You guys need to relax and let people enjoy and use this forum like it was intended. Either help folks or go some where else. We all start somewhere, remember that.

Sorry but this erks me.

Good luck to anyone who has an open mind and who truely enjoys "OUR" line of work!

...Chase

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

it does get old, doesn't it

3. krupatex

krupatex LawnSite Member

I just hate seeing these guys that have important questions, be repremanded for asking something that they didn't know had already been asked several times before. If someone new to the site and needs help with a question, we as more senior members need to do what we can to help them navigate themselves more efficiently. I think it's childish to be an @$$ to these guys.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

To each their own.

There is one group of people, such as you and myself, that thinks , "there is no such thing as a stupid question". Everyone has to start somewhere and to me asking a question is a willingness to learn.

But then you have another group of guys that will hammer anyone that has a question as simple as how to use a shovel. I understand why those questions are frustrating. I think it mostly comes from the fact that if you want to start your own business and be a professional, then you need to know some basic things about the Lawn and Landscaping industry.

Hypothetically, if I decide tomorrow to open a welding business (I have no clue how to weld). The last thing I'm going to do is weld on something. My first order of business would be to take some classes or at least hire some educated people on the subject.

Ultimately, when the threads on here start to take a wrong direction, I stay away. Sure it's entertaining, but I don't have to time or energy to argue regardless who is right or wrong.

5. your right about entertaining, its better here than a comedy club.

6. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess the guys that have been here for 5 years get tired of answering the same questions over and over, when the asker just doesn't feel like using the search feature. I love to see all of these peoples questions and I learn a lot from it, but some people need to learn how to use the search feature.

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

It's not just the new guys, the guy with the MOST posts probably catches more hell than anybody on here :laugh:

8. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Ya. I'll help with a legitimate question.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it does.:drinkup:

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

In all seriousness... the guys that do that subconsciously tend to not think that highly of themselves. Buy tearing down they boost their ego and get a temporary lift in their esteem.

I been in business a very long time feel free to message me with any question without fear of attack if you have a problem I probably experienced the same.