Is It To Late For Aerating

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TRex, Nov 14, 2003.

1. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Does anyone think it is to late. I am not so concerned for customers but my lawn next to my drive is pretty hard compared to the rest of the lawn. For the customers, does anyone think they will think it is to late. Does tempature have a play in it at all, or what is the deciding factor of when its to late.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Are the lawns still actively growing there? That's my deciding factor.

3. TRex

from DFW ,TX

Thanks that is pretty much what I wanted to know. More input from southern lco's would be great to.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

You're in Texas, which is different from Michigan in weather. But I usually stop in October. If it's your yard, what do you have to lose?

5. TRex

from DFW ,TX

I would like to make a little because I am going to rent it. And if I can make a couple of my customers happy that would be great to. Warm season grass are a lot different than cold season. Fescue that was planted 1 month ago has been cut twice and is groing strong because of the weather but all the warm season grasses have slowed way down even with the rain we have had and I think the lowest temp we had was 45 deg.

6. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

I just pulled some plugs today and they pulled at about 1" to 1 1/2" vs 1 1/2 to 2" in late October with the same weight. Don't know if the ground is slightly freezing or the compaction had an effect.

7. TRex

from DFW ,TX

So it really all depends on the ground temp and being able to get the pluger in the ground. I am woundering for future reference to.