is it to late?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf King, May 10, 2002.

1. Turf King

Turf King LawnSite Member
    from Ozarks

Is it to late to put out door-hangers or should I waite? I wanted to see how my helpers were going to do this year and they are doing great. They want more work.

2. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

I don't think it's ever too late to promote ones business, this way you are keeping potential customers aware of you.

3. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. I'm finding that a lot of folks are tired of doing it themselves already, or they finally realized what happens when you choose a service based on price.

4. Esby33

Esby33 LawnSite Member

Well, lets put it this way. If you wait longer, it's only going to get later. So NO, get out and put them out. I find that although I get alot of new customers before the snow melts, there is also a large push of calls after cutting starts and people realizes that they don't want to deal with it over the summer. Good Luck.

5. swn

swn LawnSite Member

I agree with the others. People realize it was too much for them to handle or they don't like the service they are getting currently. Plus there are always new houses being built and people moving and things like that.

6. Turf King

Turf King LawnSite Member
    from Ozarks

Well it looks like ill start early in the morning.I have 5000 of them
    so it looks like we will be busy this weekend.Thanks for the help everyone if it wasnt for you I would probably have 5000 door hangers sitting around until next year.

7. RV_Landscaping

RV_Landscaping LawnSite Member

ditto.....Now is the time you get the 'cut for a month until it stops growing so fast' people--and the 'i'm sick of cutting my own/don't have time this year' people..... Personally I think this is one of the best times....Lots of places *aren't* advertising at this time, so u can pick up lots....Just about as good as right before the season--if not better....

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We didn't plan on any more new customers this year so we never advertised just put a small phone ad. We have had 4 different customers call us to say they meant to call us earlier but had lost our number. Just goes to shows that it is never too late to get your name out. We took on these new customers because we feel they went to some effort to find us so they should make good future customers. Money had nothing to do with it.;)

9. Turfking be careful its against city code here in joplin.You can not put any brochure or hangers on doors here in joplin or carthage. I have seen in the past few years two local lco get called upon this.The only thing you can do is thumb tac it to the mail box post but it cant touch the mailbox. If you are looking for more work just put a add in the paper. I have talked with several lco here and say they are swamped with call from it. Joplin is getting tougher every year on this subbject.