1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is it too late to pass out the fliers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mowgli, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I only have one customers from this particular area (from refer) and just want to add 2 or 3 more. Is it too late to pass out the fliers?
  2. SReaves

SReaves LawnSite Member

Its never to late, I pass out fliers all the way into June.
  3. Jake1211

Jake1211 LawnSite Member

You should pass them out all year long, there is always new business to get. Depends on what services you offer also, if you can offer more than just mowing, like fertilizer, or leaves cleanup when the fall gets here, pruning, really diversify your much as much as possible and make sure you put it all on your flyer, make sure your flyer is not just black and white, put color into it and really be creative with your logo, people hate to have stuff taped to their mailbox, find another way besides that way, otherwise it will end up in the trash.
  4. THill3

THill3 LawnSite Member

Just like impactlandscaping says "early to bed, early to rise ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE"
  5. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I do most of the lawncare services and In/ext painting.
    I'm going to pass out 500 of my fliers on Monday.

Thanks for your help.
  6. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

It never hurts to pass out flyers, the more the better whats the worst that could happen. Good Luck with it.
  7. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Its never too late. I have signed people up in late August before...good luck man!
  8. Mike TMI

Mike TMI LawnSite Member

It depends on what you are putting flyers out for...

I for one avertise with flyers until mid june for new mowing contracts...

Then I put out flyers Mid August until October for Fall services...

I know some companies in my area advertise for new mowing contracts all year long...

Keep trying...it can't hurt
  9. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we just got 6-19" of snow up here(depending on where you are at) I wouldn't dream of handing out flyers yet in my area(Minnesota). I am waiting till april 1st.