is it true?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ubirajara83, Feb 9, 2007.

1. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

is it true its against the law to spray for weeds without a license. My girlfriends dad has a pest control business and he said you have to have a pesticide license to spray for that and i could get in trouble.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

In most if not all jurisdictions, yes you will need a license to spray...or to even spread fert with weed killer.
  3. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

in jersey fertilizer is considered pesticide and so is the retail spray bottles

u need a license for both
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

In florida you need a limited commercial license to spray roundup. This license lets you apply roundup, spray beds, shrubs, plants..... In order to treat turf areas you need to first work under someone who is licensed for 3 years. So your girlfriends dad is right no matter what your talking about.
  5. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

what part of florida im in palm beach
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Perhaps a little research in this area is necessary to educate one's self ....your county extension office is a good start is a "goggle" search

But YES ...n it's really not a concern with any section of FL .... as the law apply's to the state as a "whole"

Even just using RU in the beds ....your gonna need a "blue card"

here's a start

here's my county ....yours is easy too find ...but I'll let you get that one
  7. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

If they catch you without the license it will mean a big fine. Thousands of dollars.