Is it worth going to a DRW truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by maelawncare, Jan 2, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

So, in my situation, I have an s-10 as a gopher mobile and light trailer usage. It has four wheel drive and gets around nicely in the winter and I can pull my tiny trailer with it.

My F-350 is my plow truck, and all around work horse. It's nice to have that separation and the option to tow larger equipment with ease. Other wise it rarely tows a trailer and ultimately is a little more nimble with a short wheel-base.

2. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

so your f350 is a standard cab? Cause i think the shorter wheel base would be the s10 :p

Im looking at a crew cab, either short bed or long bed on the dually.

I almost bought a 06 f350 cc short bed dually but couldnt get the price right.

3. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

I thought about that too... He probably modified the F350 with enough power to give it rear wheel steering! Zero turn F350 - best in class!

4. White Gardens

Oh you guys, the jokes keep getting worse and worse on here. :laugh:

My f-350 is a shorter wheelbase compared to extended/crew cabs/ and long beds. I think the wheel base is around 135 inches or something like that. Makes it much easier to plow in tight/small parking lots.

5. 360ci

Actually a reg cab dually is a rare find in my area. Most I see are crew with some extended cabs. With a crew cab long bed, you'd easily have a truck with a 168"-172" WB depending on the manufacturer. 138" WB plow truck is the best to have. Especially as most plows stick out front a good three feet. I'm sure most guys who plow with a crew or ext cab use it as their daily driver as well, which makes sense.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Its a crew cab short bed dually. Thats the easiest way to say it. Same length as a super cab long bed dually.

7. White Gardens

8. 360ci

9. White Gardens

Luckily you can't see the hole in the bumper on the other side. I need to get a new one, but isn't necessarily a priority.

10. 360ci

Ah. I don't blame you. Work trucks aren't meant to be gussied up anyway. Chrome is just more maintenance in the long run.