1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Brian B, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

this is a good mower and i need one so the price is attractive. its $3,000 60" deck 27 hp liquid cooled kawasaki engine 2047 hours. now the hours are the only thing holding me back. how much does this mower still have in it?
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If it was maintained, the engine still has life left in it. How are the hydros on the machine? Any leaks? How is the deck and the deck spindle bearings?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Why do you "need" it-- for a guy starting up-- No it is the biggest waste of money there is-- do you have 50, 20K yards that you can use it on-- Do you need a big deck Z now. You can not use it on your 15000 foot lots. Why do you need it-
    If you have the jobs to require a 60" Z than you should also have to income to pay for a New tool.
    That is just my thinking. If you are just starting out than you should buy a used 36" or 44" W/B but by the time you are into Z's a true, profitable professional is only going to buy top quality equipment,
  4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I think we hashed this out in an earlier thread w/ you. You do not need a 60" cut mower when you dont have the 1st account yet you dont even know what youll be cutting. Use your head and listen to the vetrens on this site weve been there done that. START WITH A GOOD W/B WITH VELKE.