Is it worth the price?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Qdriver, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

'98 Silverado; 1/2t 4X4 Z71; 350V8; Ext. cab; Sht bed;106Kmi: Black/Beige lthr; $12k

I would like a 3/4t truck but , will this one handle the daily towing required over the long run for this biz? (since it is a 4X4)

I think the retail on it is $12,750

Any help will be appreciated!:)

2. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

5.7ltr engine w/pasgr side 3rd door; Under rail hard plastic bed liner; 5K receiver hitch.: GVWR 6200: New alt: Clean int & ext

anybody have an opinion on the price?

c'on this site is full of people with "opinions".
    :p

3. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

dont buy a half ton

4. SHOW ME STATE RIDER

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

bought a 3/4 ton ,81000, 4x4 extended cab no 3 door, hd 8 lug 2000, old grill (the best)6 ft bed for 13000. Wouldn't buy a 1/2 ton. Almost need a one ton.

5. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

OK. maybe I need to add that I will only be towing a 5X12 open/sngl axle w/a 36"wb, a 21" push, pole equip and minimal tools.

I know I will need a 3/4t later but, I need a starter truck for now. If you are saying "DO NOT BUY A 1/2t" even for a start-up biz., (keep in mind money is not overflowing) please explain why.

And what about the price?

6. LAWNPROzII

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

Sorry I can't give you a price, but look up kbb.com.
    But in my opinion this should be a decent truck to start with especially if your just going to be pulling such minimal equipment.
    Just remember, if this is going to be your everyday driver as well as your landscaping truck that this truck is going to get beat up.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I would look for something with less miles for 12,000.

8. greenback

greenback LawnSite Member
    from L.I.

get a 3/4 ton, do not buy a 1/2 ton. i just bought another truck. a f250, 90,000 miles for 3,000.

9. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

After 80K miles you are going to be paying a lot of little stuff that will really add up. Tires, exhaust, cv boots and joints, tranny, stuff like that. Around here you can get a new 1500 for under $15000 if you don't care about power windows, etc. I'll bet in the long run a new truck would be much much cheaper.

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I second what these guys say if your looking for a starter truck get a 3/4 ton a 1/2 really is more of a daily driver and carry the groceries home. With a 3/4 ton you can carry and tow more if your looking at Chevs make sure you get the heavy duty version with the 14bolt full floating rear and 8 bolt wheels.