Is Lesco a manufacturer or a Store?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I read about Lesco on here alot.

It seems to me that Lesco makes fertilizer and products, some of which can be bought at Home Depot.

Other times people refer to it as "At my local Lesco shop, I pick up yadda yadda yadda..."

I'm in New Jersey..

Is Lesco a manufacturer of fertilizer and stuff, or do they also have "Lesco" stores in some states?

Thanks.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

they are a manufacture of fertilzers etc, spreaders and equipment also, and yes they do have stores too.

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

<i>Is Lesco a manufacturer of fertilizer and stuff, or do they also have "Lesco" stores in some states?
    </i>

Both

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Manufacturer of fertilizer.
    And a few chemicals.

They make a few peices of equipment, not many.
    Most they have made FOR them.

Packaging, relabeling, distribution and retail make up the bulk of revenues.

5. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

So I guess in my area, the main thing I will find is Lesco brand items for sale at Home Depot or equivalent...

Thanks for the clarification that in some places, they have retail outlets..

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You should go to the Lesco website. www.lesco.com Although it is a very poor site in terms of information, you will find the 1-800 number for them. You should give them a call, and they will be able to tell you where your nearest Lesco is. It might not be as far away as you think.

7. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

That product at HD is manufactured by them.

From what I understand, they are the 2nd largest turf fertilizer (SCU) manufacturer in the US.

And by retail, I mean a suite in an industrial park serving the LCO.

8. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

They are both. They stock a large supply of parts. Mine also sells kawasaki trimmers and hedge clippers. I went there the other day for some sprayer parts and checked prices on an air filter for my toro they wanted 7 bucks where my toro dealer wanted 16.95 i will always check with them first.