Is Lesco replacing Cub Cadet with Great Dane?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Oct 11, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I was told today that Lesco may soon be carrying Great Dane. Possibly replacing Cub Cadet? That would be a big plus for Great Dane.:weightlifter: Any info?

2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

My local lesco already is. What do you mean by replacing cub cadet? My lesco doesnt sell cub cadet. They sell cub cadet with their name on it though.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I heard rumor they were going to contract them to build the walkbehinds.
    Haven't heard more than that though.

I'd be real disappointed if they outsourced the ZTR's too.

But I guess I would MAYBE consider buying a Chariot LX through Lesco 'IF' the bugs were updated on the machine.

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Our local Lesco has a Great Dane Super Surfer Series II in there now. I took it for a ride on their property for about 5 mins. and thought it was pretty cool. I think they said it was $5600.00. I wish they would have had it when I was looking at the 48" float deck I bought in Aug 06, I might have been tempted.

5. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Some store will have them and some wont. The reason they carry them is some customers asked for a mower like the GreatDane, but Lesco wont make one and if there isn't a dealer in the area that carries that machine Lesco will put a few models on there floor. This is what my Lesco rep told me anyways.

6. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Will they paint them Lesco green?