1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

is lesco the best price

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by burninbill, Dec 5, 2002.

1. burninbill

burninbill LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if lesco products are evenly priced with competitors pricing? This is my first year spraying and I have been doing a lot of business with lesco. If there is a better place to buy products please let me know.
    Thanks
    Jon Walker

2. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

not by a longshot !!!

We have found other smaller companys where the price is 1/2 that of lesco

3. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

concur, shop around, you'll be surprised. with regards... devildog

4. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

BEWARE of Lesco!!!

Shop around you will be surprised to find outjust how high they really are.

If you need some help in finding some places give me a e-mail. I will be glab to give you some places to shop in your area.

5. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

treat ALL vendors as if they were used cars salesmen. bicker and haggle with them, you'll be suprised how the cost of products start to fall.

we deal with 3 differant venors, lesco is one of them. i ask for their 'best' price on a particular product. when they tell me 'this is our best price' i say ok, i'll get back to you after i talk to 2 other vendors, funny how their best price often drops even lower.

we order product 6 weeks in advance so we have time to shop for lowest prices. we are ordering for rnd 1 now, order for rnd 2 at the beginning of rnd 1.

we used to be loyal to one vendor. always figured they were giving us their best prices. when i found out differantly, i started treating them like $10 hookers. now we get great prices and great service from all vendors, but i continue to shop

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

7. gkell88

gkell88 LawnSite Member

Find a local supplier you can get along with, and develop a long term relationship with them. I think this will get the best results over the long run. If you find an honest supplier, he should take care of you.

8. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

you thick? it's all about $
    anthony

9. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Never believe the hype from any vendor or dealer that they are giving you the best price. Lesco can give you very good prices, if you fall into one of two catagories, either purchase large volume consistantly (for which ohio dictates your discount) or are on the good side of one of the employees (which they are doing you a favor). As an example, if the Joe off the street price for a bag of fert is say $13, they can still sell it to you for $7 and be making a profit. Honestly, the way to get the best price from Lesco, is to be able to take delivery of full trailers of material, that way you can speak to Ohio (the home office) direct and get bulk pricing and delivery direct and cut out the local stores and the credit to their numbers and bonuses for keeping their sales volume up.

10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

What other dealers are there really out there ?? Im in Charlotte NC and have no clue of any other dealers of fert...I have been using strictly lesco products.