Is lettering my enclosed trailer worth it?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sticklelm, Jan 3, 2013.

1. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

So did ya get the trailer done or did we atleast help with your decision. Just curious. :)

2. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

I am definately going to get it done. Hopefully by this month she'll be lettered up. :dancing: really looking forward to the extra increase in brand identity. Even if i dont get much calls from it, which i believe i will...i'll still be happy having it done because it just make me look like i take my work seriously.

3. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

Sweet, post a pic so we can see.

4. sticklelm

definately!

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Stick, keep in mind that marketing and branding are long term things, just because you don't see it happening right away doesn't mean it's not working.

6. sticklelm

I completely realize this. I believe a good brand is built on a good name,(quality, service, trust, knowledge, passion etc). A brand is also something that should never stop growing,(reputation). marketing is a repeated process and takes time before people see who is really behind the name. thats branding. this trailer is only one of the many ways i am able to build my marketing campaign.

7. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I can tell with your logo that you seem to get the marketing thing, yet some guys think that you should see instant results from their marketing never realizing that it takes years to build a solid name and brand. I read that usually around the three year mark you'll start to notice your marketing efforts.

8. sticklelm

Thanks for the compliment! I like it to. Just had it done. Currently im building a new website to go with the new look.

9. GSO LAWNEN4CER

GSO LAWNEN4CER LawnSite Member
    from GSO NC

Just remember that your not just advertising for customers,but your also advertising to potential thieves. Its a double edged sword. Mr thief now knows exactly whats in that trailer,and that most, if not all is un-traceable.

10. BurtonsAllSeason

BurtonsAllSeason LawnSite Member

My best 3 accounts have all come from my lettered trailer. There are quite a few exclusive neighborhoods in this area that are strictly "No Soliciting". My lettered trailer/truck got me more business in those, once my foot was in the door. And you said the price was around $1K for the lettering? Maybe try online somewhere, or find a smaller/part time graphics guy to do the decals? Got my back window of my truck done for $50 installed, and the gate of my trailer done for $100 including the sheet metal. All are color, multiple layers for shading.