Is listerine considered organic?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, May 20, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Here's a new one. My grandmother of all people sent me an email saying that if you spray listerine around your lawn and patio, Mosquitos be gone!

You put the stuff in your mouth, and if your like me, swallow a little. I know it can make you drunk, from previous calls I have run. So other than the burn, do you think it would be to hurtful to give it a try? I wander what it is in the listerine that gets them away?

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like a proctor and gamble commercial

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Try It And Let Us Know

4. DeepGreenLawn

I was wanting to know if you thought it would hurt anything, as far as the environment. Like I said, it's approved for us to use ourselves so I am not too worried about it hurting people, but you got to think what it is and does, it kills everything in your mouth, will it get into the soil enough if you spray it on the grass to kill the biology there? I'm not into the AACT yet, and I don't have any microscopes, maybe you guys that have the proper stuff can run some tests and let us know? I don't know what all is involved to do that but it would be interesting.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone ever read Jerry Barker?

6. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

Yes I have Jerry Baker books.His ideas work,but it takes time.

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

Jerry baker is a quack, Listerine is mostly alcohol, it may burn the lawn, get some mosquito dunks and a bat house

8. DeepGreenLawn

lol, appreciate the input