Is mowersoutlet.com legit?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by punk_rockin2001, Apr 26, 2011.

  1. punk_rockin2001

    punk_rockin2001 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 67

    I am about to be purchasing a blower/trimmer/edger from mowersoutlet.com but I can't help but wonder if its legit. I can't find any reviews for it online, and I haven't come across anything on their site that has reviews also. Anyone know if this site is real? www.mowersoutlet.com
     
  2. Richard Martin

    Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 14,700

    I've purchased from Mowtown before. They're one of two companies involved in this venture. They shipped promptly and the pricing was good. I'd feel comfortable ordering equipment from them.
     
  3. Sammy

    Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,734

    Do they have a service center to service the equipment you buy from them ?

    Or do you have to take it to a dealer in your area that you did not buy from ?
     
  4. punk_rockin2001

    punk_rockin2001 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 67

    The dealers in my area have all been pretty crappy about any kind of service. I've purchased from 3 dealers over the past 7 years, and every time something was set up wrong on the unit anyway. Then getting them to fix it is like getting a little kid to eat their veggies. It will take anywhere from 1-6 weeks to get back, I'll be overcharged, and its rarely ever been completely repaired anyway.

    Not that I need to validate my reasoning, but I've basically taught myself to do about 80% of the repairs/maintenance that would need to be done on almost all small engines, and the other 20% can be done by a buddy I have. All the parts I need are available online for less than a dealer would charge anyway.

    So back on topic, mowersoutlet.com accepts paypal which makes me feel a lot more comfortable since I can always cancel my order within 30 days if they start to screw me over.
     
  5. stlouis grass cutter

    stlouis grass cutter LawnSite Member
    Posts: 35

    Do you have their web address?

    Thanks in advance!
     
  6. punk_rockin2001

    punk_rockin2001 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 67

    Ok I just had a nice phone convo w/a lady at mowersoutlet/mowtownusa and I feel confident in the company now. Mowersoutlet is just a sister company of mowtown and maybe just a way to get more online real estate? I'm not sure, but the prices are really really good. She said the items will get here in 3-8 days from the time the order is placed. I'll update this thread as I go.
     
  7. bdconsoli

    bdconsoli LawnSite Member
    Posts: 63

    NEWS RELEASE : Toolbarnusa.com has merged operations with Mowtown Inc Effective 1/3/2011 to form Mowersoutlet.com. Mowtown Inc is a leading corperation in the Lawn Garnden business with over 25 years in the industry.They bring to the table the buying power of 4 warehouse locations and customer service center based in the USA. Then name change to Mowersoutlet.com is to improve the awareness of what we have to offer to our customer base. Mowersoutlet.com will contuine the top notch customer service our past customers have experience and our new customer will enjoy. We look forward to the change and servicing you in the future.




    Found that on the bottom of the page.
     
  8. Richard Martin

    Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 14,700

    www.mowtown.com
     

Share This Page