is murray a good brand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BLandL, Dec 28, 2004.

1. BLandL

BLandL LawnSite Member

just wondering if murray is a good brand and if it will work for commercial use?

2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

[​IMG]

3. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Murray is one of the best brands out there. And a little known fact about Murray is that their mowers require no oil. Yep, no oil! Saves lots of $$ that other guys have to spend, putting your operation on top.

Have fun

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Definatively, No. Stick with the stronger brands and don't be duped by a commercial tag on anything that can be bought at Sears, Home Depot, Target, Walmart etc. Go to a good repuatable lawn shop and pick out something good. Be prepared, it won't be cheap. A good highend 21 inch self propelled push mower commercial will run 800 - 1000 bucks to give you an idea of price.

5. bldinkel

bldinkel LawnSite Member

everyone knows that murray is top of the line. it's way better than dixie chopper, hustler, etc. why would you ask such a stupid question?

actually if your just starting and that's all you can afford --- use it till you get enough money and enough clients to need a commercial mower. just my opinion.

6. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

yeah if i owned anything made buy murry i wouldn't waiste my money buy putting oil in it eather. The oil would be worth more then the mower to me.

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

blandl--murray mowers are not generally made to, nor would they perform to commercial mowing specifications/expectations.

they have an anticipated mowing life expectancy and that isn't long as compared to a heavy commercial made unit.

I think your question is a valid question.

GEO :)

8. Geezer

Geezer LawnSite Member

Murray, owned by Senyang Hejin Holding Company (a Chinese company), filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November of this year. They owe Briggs and Stratton $40 MILLION !!! The Murray product line is big with mass retailers such as WalMart.....not commercial users.

Keep researching....

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

As I stated in your other thread...buy comm'l grade equipment if at all possible. Don't spend the same money over and over again. No, murray is not a comm'l grade mower. It may cut pretty good and get you started, but it will NOT hold up to comm'l work.

10. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I Agree. A Residential Mower Just Can't Take The The Abuse Day In And Day Out That A Commercial Mower Can.