Is my business name hindering it's sucess?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WildWest, Oct 25, 2006.

1. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

Ladies and gentlemen,

A Kick In the Grass Lawn & Landscape Maintenance

Do you think that people will look a this name and think "unproffesionalism"?

I have mixed thoughts about it. My wife says that's it's catchy, cute and memororable! I think the same thing, I really have fun with the name. I've had alot of comments by people (mostly women) on how cute/funyy/cool the name is, but I just feel that it's not proffesional enough and I feel that my business may be suffering for it.

What do you guys/gals think?

2. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

a freind of mine has a catchy name and he does ok with it , picking up accunts.,

3. punk_rockin2001

punk_rockin2001 LawnSite Member

I doubt its hurting your name very much. I thought the slogan "Best Mow Jobs in Town" was pretty hilarious, but it hasn't made it off the drawing board yet. Although all my friends said they would definately advertise by wearing shirts that said that. Ha ha, I think I'll stick w/flyering!

4. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Name of a window washing company here is Kiss My Glass and he very well.

5. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Its a name people will remember as it will stick in there minds, you are on a winner with that name i think :)

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I like it :laugh:

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I think that it is catchy. A huge key in marketing is just that. Leaving the consumer something that they will remember. The "Hook" is what they remember and that draws them in.

The only downside that I see to your name is how long it is. It will be challenging to put that on all advertisment pieces(truck lettering, biz cards, mailers, etc.).

Very catchy though.:)

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's good. I really dont see the name running anyone off...but thats just me, and Im pretty laid back.

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

No...I'm sure the name helps if nothing else...a lot of successful companies have catchy names.

10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Defiantly should work when dealing with the masses of consumers.I'm not so sure it would work if you're target is the two per center market.But definitely a catchy name, that would stick in the consumers mind in the mass consumer market.