is my plow short

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Frank, Jan 11, 2001.

1. Frank

Frank LawnSite Member

i am looking to add another plow on the road i have a 89 jeep wrangler and found a used 6 1/2ft. meyer poly plow. my jeep is about 6 ft. and someone told me i need a 7 ft. i am trying to keep it small for tight areas. can anyone tell me if i would be makeing a mistake?

2. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome Frank, the 6.5 would be just fine for your jeep but you could go with a 7ft and still get in those tight spots.

3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I would take the 6.5 and add pro wings. At the low rate of speed that the wrangler will be moving snow, they should hold up fine on the 6.5' plow.
    Dino

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

We have a 6.5' on our 95 wrangler and it works fine.

5. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Worried about your plow being too short? Sounds like a personal problem . . .

6. Iceman

Iceman LawnSite Member

We have a friend that plows one account with a Jeep/6-5 plow, a storage facility. It takes him awhile but it does get the job done. As said above, pro wings could always be added later on.

7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't worry Storm....

I caught it.

8. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

There goes one of those Iowa guys thinking with the wrong lever again. Enjoy the whooping Illinois is gonna give the Hawkeyes tonight!

9. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I am in no way a Hawkeye fan; so give 'em a good whooping.

10. Frank

Frank LawnSite Member

thanks for the replys
    the thing is i am afraid that when i plow with the blade angled left or right will i get snow in front of my front tire.